PebbleCreek Golf Resort Local Rules
Updated Oct. 16, 2021
USGA Rules govern all play except as modified by the following Local Rules.
Out of Bounds:
Out of bounds is marked by white stakes, retaining walls, fences, curbs of streets, and homeowner property lines evidenced by the change in landscape rocks. A golf ball resting in a homeowner’s property is out of bounds and must not be retrieved. Any ball that enters or crosses a street is out of bounds even if it comes to rest on another part of the course. Rule 18 applies.
Penalty Areas: All penalty areas are red and will generally be identified by red stakes and/or lines. Rule 17.1d describes relief options available for a one-stroke penalty.
- In the absence of stakes or lines, the edge of a red penalty area for a lake is defined by the edge of the turf on the course side of the concrete lake liner.
- The Bullard Wash to the left of Eagle’s Nest holes #10, #11, and #18 is a red penalty area even where it crosses #18 fairway.
- The Bullard Wash to the left of Eagle’s Nest #17 is a red penalty area and a No Play Zone. You may not play a ball from that penalty area and must take relief as described under Rule 17.1e or use the Drop Zone to the right of the cart path about 30 yards short of the green.
- All the area between the right edge of the cart path and the course boundary to the right of #9 West is a red penalty area. A ball that comes to rest in this area may be played as it lies or, for one penalty stroke, the player may take relief under one of the options listed in Rule 17.1d using the point where the ball last crossed the edge of the penalty area as the reference point for defining the relief area. The point where the ball is dropped may not be closer to the hole than that reference point.
- Ball dropping zones are also provided on Eagle’s Nest hole #4 and Tuscany Falls East hole #13 as an additional option to those available under Rule 17.1d for a ball that comes to rest in the red penalty area. If the player elects to use a drop zone on Eagle’s Nest hole #4, the ball must be dropped in the zone nearer to where the ball last crossed the edge of the red penalty area.
Abnormal Course Conditions: Relief without penalty is available for interference from abnormal course conditions. Drop a ball within one club-length of the nearest point of complete relief but not nearer the hole than the ball’s original position. Rule 16.1 applies.
- All concrete and asphalt cart paths plus the cart exit paths bordered by river rock on #10 Eagle’s Nest and #12 of Tuscany Falls East are immovable obstructions. Any other worn areas through turf or desert areas caused by vehicle traffic are deemed to be integral objects and relief without penalty is not available.
- On hole #18 at Eagle’s Nest and hole #7 of Tuscany Falls East, the rocks and plantings within the cart parking turnaround near the green are deemed to be part of the cart path.
- Areas of softball-size and larger rock (often described as river rock) placed for erosion control and water retention are deemed to be an immovable obstruction. Except when the ball is in a penalty area, relief without penalty under Rule 16.1 is available within one club-length of the nearest point of complete relief that is not nearer the hole. Areas of such rock that are adjacent to another immovable obstruction like a concrete cart path are considered part of the same obstruction for purposes of taking relief.
- The cactus garden in the desert area to the right of Eagle’s Nest hole #18 is an immovable obstruction.
- Staked trees and the ropes or wires attached to them are immovable obstructions.
- Ground under Repair is encircled by white lines. When an area marked with white paint is tied into or adjacent to an immovable obstruction, it shares the same status as the immovable obstruction for purposes of taking relief. French drains are ground under repair even though not marked.
Immovable Obstructions Near a Putting Green: Relief from interference by an immovable obstruction may be taken under Rule 16.1. In addition, the player may take relief under Rule 16.1b if an immovable obstruction intervenes on the line of play and is both within two club-lengths of the putting green and within two club-lengths of the ball.